- The skin is the largest most important elimination organ in the body and is responsible for one quarter of the body’s detoxification each day.
- The skin eliminates over one pound of waste acids each day in the average adult, most of it through the sweat glands.
- The skin is known also as our third kidney.
- The skin receives one third of all the blood circulated in the body.
- The skin is the last to receive nutrients in the body, yet the first to show signs of imbalance or deficiency.
Skin brushing, a technique that goes back thousands of years, may be one of the best ways to treat your skin today. It is done by gently brushing dry skin and is used to clean, stimulate and exfoliate the skin. Read more